In this post, I discuss the dream of starting a woodworking business.
Woodworking has always appealed to me. It’s something that I have always wanted to learn how to do. I have found the prospect of starting a woodworking business, even as just a side hobby, particularly appealing.
I don’t know what it is. There’s something about working with your hands, about having something tangible to show at the end of a long day’s work, that is meaningful and fulfilling.
Shop Class as Soulcraft
When I was practicing law, I would frequently think about starting a woodworking business. I put in extremely long hours, and, at the end of the day, I had only pieces of paper and digital data to show for it. I felt separated from the fruits of my labor.
I remember reading Shop Class as Soulcraft when I was in the Air Force, a book that a friend of mine on the FBI Hostage Rescue Team had recommended to me. This book had a tremendous impact on me and how I look at work and the modern rat race.
From time to time, I look for products to promote on my website that my readers may find valuable. I recently came across one that specifically discusses the process of starting a woodworking business that I would like to pass along.
I found the WoodProfits guide particularly appealing. While I have not yet had the opportunity to try it myself, I want to share it with those who may have the same types of thoughts running through their minds. Perhaps you are in a better position than I am to follow through on them right now.
I love what I am doing now, and I hope to go on to start a career in the academy. There is, however, something about working with my hands. I hope to find a way to incorporate that into my life and daily routine.
The idea of starting a woodworking business on the side has occupied my thoughts for a long time. One day, I hope to make it a reality.
Jim Morgan’s WoodProfits seeks to help those interested in starting a woodworking business get going. I’ve included a bit of information about his product below.
I haven’t been able to independently verify all this information. Still, there appear to be a large number of testimonials available from others who have. I, therefore, nonetheless encourage you to check it out if you are at all interested in pursuing a path like this.
Starting a Woodworking Business
Jim Morgan claims to be able to help those who want to get started in the woodworking industry to build a six-figure business with less than $1,000 in startup costs.
I’m not sure if this will actually pan out for you, but it’s something worth considering. I’ve outlined his product and what he claims it can do for you below. I encourage you to review it and decide for yourself.
WoodProfits is a program dedicated to showing people how to start a home-based woodworking business with limited funds.
In a complete guide, Jim Morgan, a home-based woodworking business owner with a quarter of a century’s worth of experience in the industry, shows and explains the nitty-gritty of launching a home-based woodworking business.
As Jim explains, you do not have to be a professional woodworker or have a large workshop with expensive machinery to make it in the business. All you need to know is what items to make for high profits, where to sell them, and who to sell them to.
Jim’s guide comes with an audio version that will give you tips and insights to grow your home-based business without having to spend too much. The guide is downloadable and has easy-to-follow instructions.
Who is WoodProfits for?
If you need:
- An easy-to-start business that doesn’t require expensive machinery or a big space;
- A business that will allow you to work from home;
- A business that you can do during your spare time;
- Something that you can easily grow.
You don’t even need to be a woodworker to start a woodworking business. Jim shows you the secrets of starting and growing the business into a profitable venture, even with zero woodworking experience.
You will realize that establishing a home-based woodworking business isn’t as expensive or risky as people think.
If you are going to start a home-based woodworking business, then you’ll need to learn everything about the business. You’ll need to know how to get started, what projects you need to sell for maximum profits, where to sell your items, and who to sell them to.
Starting off with this knowledge from the beginning will help you significantly reduce the risk of wasting your time investment and incurring financial losses.
The guide at WoodProfits contains everything you need to know, including:
- the critical factors that you need to consider;
- the marketing methods you need to understand to help you achieve success;
- how to tap into unique high-profit niches.
The guide also contains such fine details as the exact words to use when selling your products to increase sales.
You will also get to know such things as:
- The top profitable crafts to sell;
- The 12 words that will make your customers come back;
- How to get testimonials from your customers free of charge;
- Tips on where to buy materials and tools at discounted prices;
- Cool tips for growing your woodworking and sales skills.
Apart from the things mentioned above, Jim’s guide will also help you discover amazing online strategies and secret resources for creating more profit by harnessing the power of the Internet.
For instance, you will learn how to build a strong online presence and discover the projects that are selling the best right now. You will also discover real-life success stories from woodworking business owners who started small and are now making 4-5 figures monthly.
So if you have always wanted to start a woodworking business at home, then you should check out WoodProfits.com today.
Starting a business can be a risky endeavor. If you’re able to start a business that you can do in your free time with minimal upfront cost, however, you can significantly reduce that risk.
The WoodProfits method seeks to give you the opportunity to do something you love with little upfront risk. You can then determine whether it’s something you want to do long-term and perhaps fulltime, all before committing significant time and money into the venture.
And, at the end of the day, you will give your customers something they can touch with their hands and appreciate. In addition, you will have created something tangible of which you can always be proud without punching a clock or haggling over the value of your labor.
Jim Morgan seeks to help those interested in starting a woodworking business but who want:
- A low-risk method to get started without purchasing expensive machinery or tools;
- A business that allows them to work from home, allowing them to spend more time with their families, set their own schedules, and avoid hours of life wasted commuting to an office;
- A way to get started in their spare time without interfering with their day job;
- A business that they can start small and then grow into a full-time gig if that’s what they want.
- A way to take personal control over their own income and become the masters of their own destiny using the skills they already have.
Jim’s Personal Testimony
Below, Jim describes his own experience of starting a woodworking business.
“I Started My Business In A Small 10×20 Feet Space. My wife thought I was crazy then.
Back then, in June 1994, I was jobless, out of income, and struggling with my finances. I had two kids to feed and was at my wits’ end.
I knew I had to do something.
So I started my woodworking business with almost no capital, a few shop tools, and lots of nerve in a 10 foot by 20 foot space, but I grew it into a 1400 foot space as a one-person business within the first year.”
Jim wasn’t even an expert woodworker when he got started.
The biggest challenge he faced “was understanding how to turn a hobby into a real business that made money.”
With little help, through twenty-five years of trial and error, he developed a system that worked, one that now allows him to earn an average of $12,574 per month.
Even when he first started, however, he was able to make over $150,000 in sales in that very first year, working only about twenty hours per week. So, he has valuable advice to share.
Through his product, Jim seeks to pass along what he learned to those looking to start their own woodworking business now. As they say, smart people learn from their own mistakes, but the really sharp ones learn from the mistakes of others.
Through this product, Jim allows you to learn from his mistakes—and his success.
Run A Successful Business From Home
His product, Wood Profits: How to Start and Run a Successful Woodworking Business From Home, will help get you started.
If starting a woodworking business is your personal ambition, Jim’s full guide can help you get where you want to go.
Jim’s guide will run you through his method of starting, running, and growing a great woodworking business from scratch out of your own home. You can start off small and scale up as you are able.
The guide is instantly downloadable. Jim will even send you an accompanying MP3 audio transcription plus a CD so that you can listen to it in your car on your way to work if you’d like.
What It Contains
- A very detailed guide that shows you step-by-step how to get started quickly and make money selling wooden furniture, small crafts, and other wood projects.
- How starting a woodworking business is possible for less than $1,000.
- A guide to successful marking methods and how to get the word out without relying entirely on word-of-mouth, even if you live in a rural area. (Most woodworkers struggle with getting interested buyers. Jim’s guide gives you tips for overcoming this challenge.)
- Ways to make your business immediately profitable.
- Ways to close a sale without coming off as pushy or desperate.
- A list of high-margin, easy to sell, profitable niche crafts you can build using BASIC woodworking tools that are easily produced in batches.
- Advice on the types of furniture to build that have the best markup and profit margin.
- Craft secrets for actually building your own products to sell.
- The top 10 profitable crafts to sell, sparing you the tiresome trial-and-error process. In fact, Jim will show you the top-selling products he personally sells.
- How to read and understand buying cycles, so you are building the products for which there is the most demand.
- How to turn first-time customers into repeat customers.
- How to get great testimonials, turning your customers into a source of free marketing.
- How to deal with complaints and demanding customers.
- How to buy tools and materials at discounts.
- Tips on how to complete your projects faster without loss of quality on the finished product.
- If you already have a woodworking business, how to increase your bottom-line profits immediately.
In addition, Jim will provide you with one-on-one email coaching, serving as your guide every step of the way from the moment you purchase this program to your very first sale.
And this isn’t even everything Jim’s program has to offer.
Harnessing the Power of the Internet
In addition to all of this, Jim will teach you how to build a dominating online presence, giving you the tools to target web users who want to purchase your products.
He will show you how to create your very own website easily within one day, even if you don’t have any technical skills. He will further help you attract the right people to your website, people who want what you have to offer.
You’ll also receive real-life case studies of successful woodworking business owners. Regular people who once were where you are but are now making significant incomes from their businesses.
You won’t merely be relying on Jim’s own personal experience. You will also learn from the experience of others with a detailed breakdown of exactly what they are selling, how much they are selling, and who their top customers are.
You’ll also learn what the top-selling projects are right now to help you know where to get started to make your first sales quickly. Jim will help you determine what to sell and how much to ask for your work.
Growing Your Business
And that’s just to help you get started.
Once you’re up and running and have turned woodworking into a profitable business, Jim will show you how to grow it. He will give you the tools to grow your business as large—or keep it as small—as you’d like.
He’ll further teach you:
- The proper way to contract out work that won’t reduce the quality of your finished product.
- How to squeeze your suppliers ethically to get discounts to increase your profits.
- How to get professional advice on licensing and taxes by legal experts, the boring stuff that every business owner needs to know.
- How to increase your chances of winning commercial projects to help scale up your business and potentially grow your profits significantly.
- How to get into top tradeshows and craft fairs to market your products to eager buyers.
And much more.
For all of this, Jim is charging just $37. If even that low price tag is causing you some hesitation, however, Jim offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
That’s right. You can try WoodProfits risk-free for sixty days.
If you don’t like it for ANY reason—any reason at all—contact him within 60 days for a full refund, no questions asked.
This is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Jim readily admits that starting a woodworking business requires a lot of hard work and dedication. But if starting a woodworking business is something you want to do, what do you have to lose?
I’m not a woodworker, but I would like to be one day, and I find Jim’s program highly appealing. When I came across it, I decided to pass it along to you.
Take a look at his program, consider what it has to offer you, and make up your own mind. If starting a woodworking business is a desire of yours, you should at least check it out.
You’ll be glad you did.